Swedish Massage Sweeps Glamour Spot Clients Off Their Feet
One of the favourite services chosen by our clients is a Swedish massage. Take a look at this short video of Swedish massage in action as I massage one of my regular clients.
Swedish Massage Video by Marsden Park Day Spa Therapist, Muriel Davis
Seven Steps To A Swedish Massage That Will Sweep You Off Your Feet
Before we begin we make you comfortable on the massage table with support under your ankles and forehead.
- First we drape you in warm towels for both privacy and added comfort, and already you’ve started to relax.
- Then we start by applying warm oil with clean, warmed hands to your upper back in a series of gliding “effleurage” strokes, helping to warm your superficial muscles.
- Next we reach the deeper layers of your muscle tissue with ‘petrissage” strokes, always checking with you that the level of pressure is comfortable.
- By this time you have told us about any sore spots that may need some additional attention, and we begin the “friction” stroke, which works on releasing restricted muscle fibres.
- Have you ever seen “tapotement” tapping during a massage? It isn’t actually a stroke, but more of a tapping or hacking of the muscle tissue, and is used to either stimulate or sooth your muscle tissue, depending on the rhythm and pressure being used.
- Swedish massage stokes also include “vibration”, which involves making the muscle tissue vibrate, and like “tapotement” this technique can either stimulate or soothe your body.
- Finally we use “joint motion”, which as the name suggests, involves moving a joint through its full range of motion to release any restrictions.
Swedish massage stimulates your central nervous system to soothe and calm your nerves, releasing both physical and emotional stress.
You will leave Glamour Spot Beauty Salon and Spa at Marsden Park feeling relaxed yet stimulated after your Swedish massage.
Call our Sydney Hills Beauty Therapy and Day Spa now on (02) 9862 8045 to make your next Swedish massage appointment.